COLFO News Issue Feb-2019
NZDA is associated with a number of other bodies, in order to achieve its aims. This may be either through joining forces with them to form coalitions, or through a working relationship.
Game Animal Council
“Sustainable management of game animals and hunting for recreation, commerce and conservation”
New Zealand Council of Licensed Firearms Owners (COLFO)
COLFO represents the collective interests of its members through the preservation of the rights and privileges of licensed firearms users and collectors, promotion of responsible gun ownership and acts as a central reference point for Government, Police, and the Media.
New Zealand Mountain Safety Council
The Sporting Shooters’ Association of New Zealand (SSANZ)
The aims and objectives of the Sporting Shooters’ Association of New Zealand are:
- To uphold the rights and privileges of New Zealand firearm owners who are lawfully engaged in the shooting or collecting pastime of their choice.
- To promote or oppose as may be deemed necessary all legislative and other measures which shall or might affect the interests of the members of the Association.
- To promote and facilitate the exchange of knowledge between firearm owners.
- To promote legal and responsible shooting activities.
- To promote the safe use of firearms in the community
- To facilitate all lawful firearm and related activities such as gun shows and public displays.
- To actively support any Branch of this association.
- To actively support the Council of Licensed Firearm Owners (COLFO)
The Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia (SSAA)
The aims and objectives of the Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia are:
- To promote and improve the role of the sporting shooter in Australia.
- To help educate young people in the skills of hunting, shooting and proper care and safe handling of firearms.
- To encourage all hunters to abide by a strict code of ethics.
- To work for a better understanding between landholder and Association member.
- To actively advocate game conservation and assist appropriate authorities in game management programs.
- To act as an effective and credible voice, representing all Australian shooters to the public, community leaders and authorities.
International Hunter Education Association
Fish and Game New Zealand
NZ Professional Hunting Guides Association