COLFO News Issue Aug-2016
NZDA is associated with a number of other bodies, in order to achieve its aims. This may be either through joining forces with them to form coalitions, or through a working relationship.
Game Animal Council
“Sustainable management of game animals and hunting for recreation, commerce and conservation”
New Zealand Council of Licensed Firearms Owners (COLFO)
COLFO represents the collective interests of its members through the preservation of the rights and privileges of licensed firearms users and collectors, promotion of responsible gun ownership and acts as a central reference point for Government, Police, and the Media.
New Zealand Mountain Safety Council
The Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia (SSAA)
The aims and objectives of the Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia are:
- To promote and improve the role of the sporting shooter in Australia.
- To help educate young people in the skills of hunting, shooting and proper care and safe handling of firearms.
- To encourage all hunters to abide by a strict code of ethics.
- To work for a better understanding between landholder and Association member.
- To actively advocate game conservation and assist appropriate authorities in game management programs.
- To act as an effective and credible voice, representing all Australian shooters to the public, community leaders and authorities.
International Hunter Education Association
Fish and Game New Zealand
NZ Professional Hunting Guides Association